Sunday, November 4, 2012

Saturday, October 27, 2012

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!

Chuck and I celebrated our 5th wedding anniversary at Prentice Women's Hospital:) 

I successfully received both steroid injections and we would plan ot be induced Saturday evening.  At this point, the plan was to have a natural birth unless there were any complications.  Around 9pm our Doctor came in to begin the induction process.  The procedure itself was only a few minutes, but we would have to wait 6 hours to see if there was any progression.

A few hours later my blood pressure began to spike and the baby's heartbeat began to drop.  This occurred a few more times and then we had to move to our back-up plan which was a c-section.  I was then given an epidural and after that was complete we moved into the operating room. 

The next few hours were a bit of a blur.  I remember being wheeled into the operating room and that was about it. At 4:50am the Doctors announced our little boy was born!  Charles Laughlin Terhune arrived at 4:51AM, 1 lb. 10 oz. and 13 1/2 inches long.  I couldn't see much (since I did not have my glasses on:)) But was assured Charlie was there and was being taken to the NICU.  Chuck and I were overwhelmingly excited and scared.

No comments:

Post a Comment