Sunday, November 4, 2012

Thursday, October 25, 2012

How it all started...

I woke up Thursday morning not feeling quite right.  I was having minor Braxton Hicks contractions and just feeling a little off.  Since we knew Charlie would be coming early, I called my Doctor to just to be on the safe side.  After monitoring how I was feeling throughout the day, my Doctor send me to the hospital in the afternoon to further track how baby and I were doing.

After being admitted, the nurses took by blood pressure and realized it was EXTREMELY HIGH! My feet, legs, face and overall entire body had also began swelling up the week prior.  I was concerned about having to borrow Chuck's clothes - but this ended up being another sign of Pre-eclampsia (which I was later diagnosed).

After settling in, the Doctors came in later that night and discussed exactly what was going on.  The only cure for Pre-eclampsia was to have the baby.  We knew we would be expecting him early, just not this early.  On Thursday I was exactly 28 weeks and 1 day.  We discussed the possibility of buying ourselves a little more time, but it would only be a few days - no longer weeks.  This was the best option for myself and baby.  That night I was given my first steroid injection which would help with the baby's development.  I would then be given an additional injection 24 hours later. 

No comments:

Post a Comment